Thursday, May 6, 2010

Daydreamers

Posted by T.S.Garp




A poem about daydreaming lovers who met once, parted, and still loves each other.


I didn’t know what day it was

I looked around and saw the sun above

I didn’t know what became of us

I felt the warmth and but said where is the love



I didn’t know if I was awake or asleep

My mind seem to be missing some time

Below was a lake and I wanted to take a leap

The message was clear, words pieced together in a rhyme



I was lost in a dream when I saw her

I remember the endless nights, kissing under strobe lights

The joyful dizziness encompassing her

Our eyes met and I knew it was right



Her lips were wet and she smiled at me sweetly

My heart ran fast, was it wrong to dream so secretly?

Her perfume a gift and she made love to me wickedly

So real to the touch, she held me tight so dearly



I opened my eyes again and you were gone

Surrounded by nature I meditated on the answers so true

Transported back to my hilltop domain and chanting my farewell song

I heard clashing thunder, rain, and knew the solution was you



Suddenly, the answers came to me

Don’t let the pain, uncertainties, get you down

Spoken inside my head so majestically

You’ve got to maintain, keep a positive spin, and faithful sound



The alarm clock went off

Shattering my dream from the night

A very pleasant charismas carol without the freight.

I knew I had to see her, and took flight



I traveled far to reach her star

Upon awakening beholds her eyes she sees me

Her heart sang true and she said I knew it was you!

She holds me tenderly realizing that it was all true



Locked in a cradle of love with a princess from above

Cascading beams of light rain down us with love

Sweet words say it all

Dreams come true to those who hear the call

0 comments: