Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Bob Dylan Perspective

Posted by T.S.Garp



This poem is inspired by Bob Dylan and the turbulent 60s.


Sitting here singing a song

Trying to understand right from wrong

With eyes younger and strong

I am not waiting and pondering for very long

~

The times are a changing

The Man, he is rearranging

Let us not bow down

Let us not praised this clown

~

Leave the 60s behind

Leave all the bad signs

Rise up my friends with freedom’s love!

Take your lady’s hand and give her a white dove!

~

Don’t mess around with Johnny Slim!

The world is a crumbling to the sea, better learn how to swim!

Only love my friends is the answer and the way

Learn to forgive and build a bridge, to save the day

~

Look out folks for the future of us is going to shout!

Be proud of what you are and make them believe without a doubt!

The Lord of Legend will fix it tonight

Better make sure you help to get it right

~

So sing along with me

Take my hand and you will see

The coming revolution, save our Constitution, we need a better solution!

No more politicians, backward institutions, create a better resolution for you and me!


T.S.Garp © Copyright 2010 All Rights Reserved.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great provoking poem! I love it.

Nita said...

Very nice indeed!